For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV)
The Four Spiritual Laws were first published by Bill Bright in 19651. They are taken from God's Word, the Bible.
- God loves you: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life,” (John 3:16).
- Man is sinful and separated from God. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Rom. 3:23); “For the wages of sin is death,” (Rom. 6:23); “But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God,” (Isaiah 59:2).
- Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for man’s sin. “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6); “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us,” (Rom. 5:8).
- We must individually receive Jesus as Savior and Lord. “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,” (John 1:12); “if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved,” (Rom. 10:9); “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,” (Eph. 2:8).
These say pretty much the same thing:
- Knowing God Personally (in over 60 languages!)
- Steps To Peace With God (text version)
- Looking for Answers? Peace With God (with videos)
- Honor Restored: Back To God's Village
- I have just put my faith in Jesus...now what? (from GotQuestions)
- If you want to correspond with someone, GodLife
- Print Bi-lingual Gospel Tracts (in many languages!)
- 'Are You A Good Person' tract (in many languages)
The Roman Road
Something similar2 is taken entirely from the book of Romans:
- Rom. 3:10, “As it is written, ‘There is none righteous, not even one…'”
- Rom. 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Rom. 5:12, “Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.”
- Rom. 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Rom. 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Rom. 10:9-10, “if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
- Rom. 10:13, “For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”
(All scripture quotations taken from the NASB unless otherwise noted.)
Image credit: Copyright: tanyasid